Cancuni, Mexico, May 26 (Reuters) – A Cancún man has evacuated his home after an early morning fire broke out in the neighborhood, officials said on Thursday.
The blaze broke out around 3:30 a.m. on a vacant lot next to a shopping mall.
It caused damage to nearby homes.
It took firefighters about two hours to put out the blaze and the area has since been cordoned off.
Cancun Mayor Roberto Garcia said the fire was likely caused by a tree that fell on the ground.
“The tree was knocked down and the fire spread on it,” Garcia said.
“I was really shocked and shocked when I saw the flames in the air.
It was unbelievable.”